Magnum: Magnum represents some of the world’s most renowned photographers, maintaining its founding ideals and idiosyncratic mix of journalism, art and storytelling. Magnum photographers share a vision to chronicle world events, people, places and culture with a powerful narrative that defies convention, shatters the status quo, redefines history and transforms lives. Magnum photographers are a rarity and the agency is self-selecting, with a 4 year long process. The membership has evolved over the years to encompass the work of almost 100 diverse photographers.
We have offices in New York, London, and Paris, and work with press, publishers, advertising, television, galleries and museums across the world. We have a traveling roster of over 100 exhibitions, education initiatives focused on the next generation of visual storytellers, an e-commerce platform, and an editorial platform telling stories across art, culture, news and photography to our audience of over 5.5 million.
About the role: We are looking for a Customer Experience Manager to be the first point of contact for Magnum’s customers around the world. When something goes wrong with a delivery, you're the first responder. If someone just wants to chat about photography and Magnum, you're there to hear them out. You must be an exceptional communicator and self-driven problem solver.
You will work closely with Digital team leadership as well as other Customer Experience team members, who are based in the US.
What You'll Do:
- Act as the voice of Magnum on the front lines with our customers, delivering personal customer experiences and developing lasting relationships via all channels that customers interact with us
- Be comfortable rolling up your sleeves and diving into the customer service inbox
- Partner closely with the Operations team, warehouses and partners to remove any roadblocks that prevent us from delivering best in class customer service
- Manage escalated customer relationships efficiently and effectively across offices and time zones while listening to our customers’ problems and offering thoughtful and meaningful resolutions
- Work cross-functionally and share customer feedback with other team members and leaders in order to continuously improve and evolve the customer experience and proactively solve problems
- Connect with CX team members from other brands to share learnings and build relationships along with gaining insight into CX trends in the US, UK and European markets
Who you are:
- Open and able to see all situations from a perspective other than your own with an acute ability to empathise with our customers and a high level of EQ
- Attentive to detail. Being detail oriented helps in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver who is comfortable thinking analytically and creatively making decisions with limited information which lead to results and meaningful experiences
- Innovative and driven by your own curiosity
- Effective communicator, able to listen well and understand the needs of our customers and the business. You express ideas clearly and directly after actively listening
- You are never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking "how can we do this better?"
- Hard-working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Computer literate, and able to adapt and learn to new systems quickly
- Motivated self-starter, with a strong sense of urgency
- Impeccable writing skills. From email to Slack, written communication is the backbone of our internal and external operations
- A successful track record working in a high volume environment. Could be tossing pizzas or previous ecommerce experience. What we really mean is that you must be willing to adapt to change and embrace growth
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Magento is a plus
- Based in the UK or France
- Bi-lingual English and French is a plus
- Assume best intentions
- Come with solutions
- Solicit, offer and act on feedback
- Learning is part of growing