Magnum: Magnum represents some of the world’s most renowned photographers, maintaining its founding ideals and idiosyncratic mix of journalism, art and storytelling. Magnum photographers share a vision to chronicle world events, people, places and culture with a powerful narrative that defies convention, shatters the status quo, redefines history and transforms lives. Magnum photographers are a rarity and the agency is self-selecting, with a 4 year long process. The membership has evolved over the years to encompass the work of almost 100 diverse photographers.
We have offices in New York, London, and Paris, and work with press, publishers, advertising, television, galleries and museums across the world. We have a traveling roster of over 100 exhibitions, education initiatives focused on the next generation of visual storytellers, an e-commerce platform, and an editorial platform telling stories across art, culture, news and photography to our audience of over 5.5 million.
About the role: We are looking for a Project Manager to reimagine how we run projects at Magnum and implement across the digital team. In this role, you will support global partnerships, lead large digital commercial events across different vertices and partner with our external site development agency to deliver at a consistent, high standard to budget and on time. You must be an exceptional systems creator, communicator and problem solver.
The Project Manager will sit within the Digital Team. You will work closely with all digital team members, other teams (Education, Gallery, Culture, Corporate) and external partners. This role will act as the bridge between all functions-- driving everyone towards the same goals .
What you’ll do:
- Build out project kick-offs, roadmaps and deliverables, ensuring team members involved are informed and well equipped to hit strategy and finish brief on-time
- Manage from concept through delivery to reporting, acting as team quarterback and liaison throughout
- Define learning process and own post mortems
- Proactively predict and remove any roadblocks that may delay a project timeline or create additional, unnecessary cost
- Partner with our external development team to act as the internal stakeholder for sprint planning prioritization and testing for the site
- Continuously look for ways to improve processes. Something not working, too complicated or lacking clarity? Let's fix it!
- Define metrics for success for each project, manage to KPIs and build out balanced scorecards at the project and team level
- Build remarkable relationships with a range of internal and external partners to ensure Magnum’s ability to deliver on projects and goals
- Hold team members and stakeholders accountable for due dates and agreed upon strategy and deliverables
- Define the right cadence and way to regularly provide updates and communicate results to a variety of stakeholders to ensure everyone is on the same page
Who you are:
- Exceptionally organized with a keen eye for detail
- Unflappable and don't get overwhelmed from multitasking or last minute projects
- A stickler about a good process, but you're flexible and open to driving change when things aren't working
- Forward thinking and able to easily 'connect the dots' so that the ripple effect of certain actions and decisions is obvious ahead of time
- An excellent relationship builder with strong negotiation and communication skills - you enjoy networking and getting to know team members and partners
- Naturally inquisitive, deliberate, and collaborative team player, which makes you open and eager to engage with feedback
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with go-getter attitude and a positive and upbeat nature
- Don’t mind getting your hands dirty and is excited about imagining and building the future of Magnum as a global photography offering
- 3 - 4 years of experience in project management, ideally with some experience with digital and e-commerce functions
- Experience developing and managing internal (up, across and down) and external relationships
- Proficient across Airtable, Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets etc), Slack and PM software (i.e. Asana/Monday)
- Experience with e-commerce tools (Wordpress, Magento, Shipstation) and agile sprint planning a significant plus
- Assume best intentions
- Come with solutions
- Solicit, offer and act on feedback
- Learning is part of growing