Magnum is a photographic collective founded in 1947. Magnum photographers are a rarity and the agency is self-selecting, with a 4 year long process. The membership has evolved over the years to encompass the work of almost 100 diverse photographers. We have offices in New York, London and Paris, and work with press, publishers, advertising, television, galleries and museums across the world. We have a traveling roster of over 100 exhibitions, education initiatives focused on the next generation of visual storytellers, an e-commerce platform, and an editorial platform telling stories across art, culture, news and photography to our audience of over 5.5 million.
About the role
Our CEO is looking for an experienced Executive Assistant who will share her energy, passion and entrepreneurial spirit. Based remotely, this is a part time role, (25 hrs per week Monday to Friday).
Who you are
You are a diligent, conscientious individual with an entrepreneurial approach. You will be comfortable working autonomously and will be an excellent problem solver, approaching the CEO with solutions as opposed to problems. You have a positive, upbeat attitude and take great pride in the quality of your work. Fluency in French is a bonus, although not a prerequisite for the role.
Magnum is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community.
What you’ll do
- Provide seamless diary management for the CEO and to senior team members as requested– organising meetings and zoom calls, coordinating across many different time zones, teams, internal and external stakeholders and partners
- Book frequent international travel, ensure compliance with national Covid travel regulations, and manage and file expenses in a timely way
- Assist with administrative HR, financial and legal duties where required
- Be responsible for the timely implementation of senior team and company-wide initiatives
- Organise media appearances as well as internal and PR events
- Carry out light research projects, evaluating your findings, and presenting them to the CEO in a clear and concise way
- Ensure corporate initiatives are always properly and fully implemented, e.g. objective setting, annual appraisals
- Prepare monthly business updates and other company reports for the CEO
- Prepare for and attend board meetings and any other relevant meetings, taking minutes and
- presenting reports
- Lead or support other administrative, operational or HR projects, e.g. office relocation, development of employee onboarding process, developing of company reporting frameworks
- Facilities management of the London office, including managing contractors, meeting health and safety requirements and planning for future location move
- Manage our internal HR system (BambooHR) – ensuring information is always up-to-date, and employees are onboarded and offboarded efficiently
- Maintain up-to-date org charts and contact lists
- Solve simple IT problems and liaise with IT support
- Occasional translation work (French to English and English to French) Essential skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant, ideally C-suite level
- Highly personable with an exceptional EQ, able to build relationships with a broad range of colleagues and clients
- A fantastic communicator never afraid to pick up the phone and able to use multiple different channels (e.g. phone, text, Whatsapp, Slack, email)
- A natural problem solver with a can-do attitude who is in their element when juggling many different projects at once
- An excellent eye for detail and strong motivation to get projects delivered and rolled out
- Excited by the arts, media and culture
- Excellent Word, Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential. Professional level of French is be a bonus
- The role is remote
- London strongly preferred although candidates in Paris will also be seriously considered